It was only two months ago. Anyway, I'd never been to Park City, and Ian hadn't been in a while, so we went up. We went to the outlet mall, which was probably much more fun for me than for Ian, though the Nike store made it all worth it. We ended up getting sunglasses. Ian said we had to get them because Dr. Tim (his optometrist brother-in-law) says everyone should have them. Though I'm pretty sure he just needed an excuse to try on every pair of sunglasses in every store we went to. And of course you can't do that without actually buying a pair. So here we are in our sunglasses:
After the outlets, we went downtown, and wandered around a little bit while we decided where to eat. We ended up eating at a French restaurant called Jean Louis. We were quite adventurous and had escargot as an appetizer and veal for the main course, both of which we never had before. I didn't take my camera in, so there are not pictures of the escargot sampling. The escargot was actually much better than I had anticipated, and of course the veal was good. These are the picture of Jean Louis we took driving by.
On the way home, we got caught in construction. We were stopped behind a horse trailer and next to a loverly orange barrel. I entertained myself by taking pictures.
The next day, which was really Ian's birthday, he got to open his presents. Since he loves candy, (but really, who doesn't?) I had to make him this highly cheesy candy card. Don't worry, he got other things too.
We had pizza for dinner, of course. Then we saw a movie that Ian didn't like (I don't remember which) and came home and had cheescake. I have to brag a little bit, because the cheesecake turned out perfectly. It wasn't even cracked at all. It was just one of those serendipitous moments that are all too rare when cooking. Check out the size of Ian's piece.
Thursday, August 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Very clever candy-gram! Love it.
ReplyDelete