Thursday, July 12, 2012

Odds and Ends

DISCLAIMER (I put this together at the beginning of April and never finished it due to moving/not having the internet/being lazy/etc. Kate is a lot further along now.)

My mom called me to repentance for not putting up pictures of Kate. She didn't say anything about not having pictures of me and Ian though. Strange. Anyway, here you are Mom.

Kate has come a long way with her walking in the past month or so.
This is from Feb 8.
And this is from March 29.
I was holding her back while Ian got the camera going and she got a little over enthusiastic and forgot to move her feet.

She walks around and around with her dinosaur. The only problem is she doesn't have the faintest idea of how to steer, so someone has to follow her around to steer for her. Unfortunately her idea of where to go isn't always the same as ours. She got really mad at me the other day because she wanted to go to the bookshelf and I turned her away from it.
If she could steer, I think she would happily walk around all day long. She's getting really frustrated with not being able to move around. She gets on her hands and knees all the time, but can't do much from there except scoot backwards and pivot.

Kate finally got some teeth. She has her two bottom teeth.


Her is her first tooth, right before the second one popped through. The dark blob is Kate's thumb. She likes to grab the camera.

Silly Face. She's got lots

Kate borrowed a hat from her cousin. I think she looks like a cabbage patch doll with a crazy wig.



Even someone as photogenic as Kate has some off moments.
 Ready for March Madness
BYU won in the first four!
Half-time entertainment: Squishing between the cushions and eating one.
Final seconds of a close game.
 Classic Kate Faces
We haven't figured out what this means. It's dang cute though.
She does this when she sees something really cool. Or when she has boogers.
Concentrating.
Cheeseball grin.
There's another little person, mom? Weird. (She actually loves her cousin, no matter what these pictures look like.
She's always doing crazy things with her tongue too.


Giggles

Anytime either one of our heads gets close to her tummy, she laughs and laughs and laughs. This was at the end of a long tickling session, so its kind of gone from a giggle to strange noises.

Another giggle inducing thing is if I touch her head to the wall. It's funniest when I put her down to sleep and she's so tired she just cries. If I put her head on the wall she goes from crying to laughing to crying. 


Ian randomly tucked Kate between the back of the couch and the cushions. She thought it was great at first, but she kept sinking.

It's tiring to be a baby. Even two long naps and twelve hours at night aren't enough sometimes.

Kate falls asleep fairly often when she nurses. It's rare she doesn't wake up when she finishes
She stands on tip-toe a lot. That extra half-inch is important I guess.
Tractor
Kate and I go with Ian regularly when he is driving tractor on the farm. Kate is learning how to drive.




 Sunday Afternoon Walk (April 15, 2012)
We walked over to Ian's brother's house after church to see their new baby.
Its not everyday you get to sit on someone's head. Or wear your strap across your chin like a WWI soldier.

Another baby cousin! He's 3 days old in this picture. Kate wasn't so sure, but after a few minutes she tried to gouge his eyes out. It's how she shows affections.

The ride home was even more fun.




1 comment:

  1. Such a cutie. I am impressed at how many of Kate's faces you have caught on camera. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete